Colorado Springs is a town situated near the base of one of the world’s most famous mountains called Pikes Peak which rises 14,000 feet above sea level. The population of Colorado Springs has risen steadily since 1990 from about 283,000 people to 2016 when it was home to over 465,000 people.
As the area explodes in growth, you may ask yourself: Exactly what is drawing people to this area in such massive droves?
The answer is that plenty of various factors are driving people to choose Colorado Springs as the city which they will call home. Some of the biggest reasons to move to Colorado Springs include the following:
- Colorado Springs Economy is Strong: Colorado has been named in the list of the Top 10 most stable cities in the last 5 years not once but twice! It’s also been named 12th for the best place for businesses and careers as well as 9th on the list of America’s most affordable cities. People are working hard and living well in Colorado Springs!
- Enjoying the Great Outdoors: Colorado Springs is well known for all of its hiking and biking trails as well as beautiful landscape and water sports. In the winter one can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and other winter outdoor activities.
- Enjoy Four Full Seasons: Colorado Springs truly see 4 full seasons. Enjoy canoeing, kayaking, waterskiing, wakeboarding, biking, or hiking in the summertime. In the winter time enjoy snowshoeing, skiing, snowboarding, or other winter sports. Enjoy the colors of fall through nature hikes or bike rides. Enjoy the springtime and blooming flowers with more hikes and bike rides in the areas many parks. Not many other locations can say they see all 4 seasons so profoundly as Colorado Springs.
- Obsessed with Healthy Living: Colorado Springs has consistently been named one of the Top 10 healthiest cities in the US, which is really no shock being home to so many great outdoor activities. From waterskiing to wakeboarding or snowboarding or skiing or hiking and biking you can do it all in Colorado Springs. Providing year-round activity helps provide a healthy lifestyle for its residents. * Great Education: Colorado Spring’s public school system is one of the best in the country. Moreover, they have many universities such as Colorado College or the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs as well as The Air Force Academy in the area as well when it comes time to move on to “higher education”. No matter what stage of education you are at there is something for you in the area.
- Community Closeness: Colorado Springs is a fairly populated city, but still operates organized into small “neighborhoods”. It provides all the great amenities of a major city, while still offering that “small-town” feel locals always crave. Visit the downtown area of Colorado Springs and within a brief amount of time, you will see this “small-town” feel for yourself.
- Affordable Living: While being one of the biggest cities in Colorado, home prices are still affordable. They have the 2nd lowest home prices of any city in the state. The national cost-of-living average is below the national average.
- The Military Lifestyle: The US Air Force Academy calls Colorado Springs home. If you enjoy the lifestyle of living in, near, and around the military, whether you are a military family or have a loved one in the military or just love and respect that culture you will find it a very prominent part of life in Colorado Springs.
- A City of Local Events: There are all kinds of great events that are going on year-around in Colorado Springs. From the local Air Force Academy graduation and local celebrations open to the public following the graduation to local parades and parties there is always something fun and local going on in Colorado Springs.
- A Beer Afficiando’s Heaven: Colorado Springs is home to a ton of microbreweries and boasts almost 40 within the area. The Bristol Brewing company offers tours for those who want to learn how things work behind the scenes. You can check out the annual Colorado Springs Beer Festival in the America the Beautiful Park where you can enjoy samples of the latest and greatest brews and enjoy some local cuisine while enjoying live music.
- Enjoy the German Culture: There is quite a large presence of German history in Colorado Springs. Plenty of local restaurants, bakeries, and cafes serve exclusively German food. Every October you can enjoy Oktoberfest weekend festivities every single weekend and never run out of things to do and celebrations to visit. When not enjoying the festivities at Oktoberfest wash down all that beer with a weinerschnitzel at Uwe’s or delicious Brötchen and authentic German sausage at Wimberger’s.
- Great Attractions: There are plenty of great attractions from The US Olympic Complex where many athletes train year-around to the United States Air Force Academy or a historic resort such as the Broadmoor. Some other great attractions include the Gardens of the Gods or the Cheyenne Zoo to name a few others.
For more information on moving to the Colorado Springs area and why you should consider doing so feel free to contact us.